flume-user mailing list archives

From "Cochran, David M (Contractor)" <David.Coch...@bsee.gov>
Subject Errors
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:08:18 GMT

This error insists on making an appearance at least daily on my test systems.

Unable to put batch on required channel: org.apache.flume.channel.MemoryChannel@555c07d8
Caused by: org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Space for commit to queue couldn't be acquired
Sinks are likely not keeping up with sources, or the buffer size is too tight

Changing the batch-size and batchSize around from default to 100's or a 1000 doesn't seem
to help

increased the JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m"  still no change

This shows up very intermittently, but daily, the logs being tailed are not very big, and
are not growing very quickly, actually very slow in the grand scheme of things.

Am I missing something to help balance things out here?

Thanks
Dave