flume-user mailing list archives

From lancexxx <fervent.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about flume-ng agent
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 02:56:14 GMT
will? the mean that now can not be use ?
--
lancexxx

On 2012年10月26日Friday at 上午10:44, Hari Shreedharan wrote:

> The HTTPSource will be a part of Apache Flume-1.3.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Hari
>
> --
> Hari Shreedharan
>

> On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Paul Chavez wrote:
>
> > I was unaware of an HTTPSource, after reviewing the FLUME-1199 issue it may well
be the best use case for us.

> > That said, while I am manually building and testing the latest snapshot for the
Windows side, our actual Hadoop machines are running CDH4.1.1 which has flume-ng 1.2.0.

> > When a version of flume-ng containing HTTPSource is packaged along with the rest
of the hadoop distribution I will look at it. As a 'windoze guy' ;-) I do not manage the hadoop
systems.

> > Thank you,
> > Paul Chavez

documentation I can find recommends that messeages be kept small in order to avoid fragmentation.

> > > Ahh OK.

but the tool we are using to send syslog messages over TCP (LogParser) does not separate messages
with a carriage return so messages weren't parsed correctly by the flume source.