flume-user mailing list archives

From Josh West <...@one.com>
Subject Re: Syslog Infrastructure with Flume
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:47:22 GMT
Very cool.  Hcatalog seems like a nice idea, as otherwise lots of
thought and planning must go into how one stores their data ... ensuring
it can be read from all different Apache Hadoop related projects... E.G.
if you store flume data in an HDFS path with
/something=partition1/foo=bar, you'll need to use special Pig libraries
to load the partitions.

Keep us updated please!

--
One.com, jsw@one.com