flume-user mailing list archives

From Swati Ramteke <Swati_Ramt...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Not able to write data from source log file to sink [HDFS]
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:09:46 GMT
Hi,

While running flume agent I am getting following error:

hduser@vm-ps7274:/home/hadoop/Downloads/apache-flume-1.2.0$ bin/flume-ng agent -c conf  -f
conf/flumeHdfs.conf -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUGG,console  -n agent1

Info: Sourcing environment configuration script /home/hadoop/Downloads/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf/flume-env.sh

+ exec /opt/java/java/jdk1.6.0_32/bin/java -Xmx20m -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUGG,console -cp
'/home/hadoop/Downloads/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf:/root/f1/apache-flume-1.2.0//lib/*' -Djava.library.path=
org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flumeHdfs.conf -n agent1

bin/flume-ng: line 210: /opt/java/java/jdk1.6.0_32/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

bin/flume-ng: line 210: /opt/java/java/jdk1.6.0_32/bin/java: Success

Please find below FlumeHdfs.conf :

##Agent to copy the log from source to HDFS sink

# Define a memory channel called ch1 on agent1
agent1.channels.ch1.type = memory

# Define an EXEC source called src on agent1 and connect it to channel ch1.
agent1.sources.src.channels = ch1
agent1.sources.src.type = exec
agent1.sources.src.command = tail -F /home/hadoop/Downloads/apache-flume-1.2.0/h.txt

# Define a HDFS sink and connect it to the other end of the same channel.
agent1.sinks.HDFS.channel = ch1
agent1.sinks.HDFS.type = hdfs
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.path = hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hduser
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.writeFormat = Text
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.filePrefix = FlumeTest

# Finally, now that we've defined all of our components, tell
# agent1 which ones we want to activate.
agent1.channels = ch1
agent1.sources = src
agent1.sinks = HDFS

And flume-env.sh

# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
# or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
# distributed with this work for additional information
# regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
# to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
# with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

# If this file is placed at FLUME_CONF_DIR/flume-env.sh, it will be sourced
# during Flume startup.

# Enviroment variables can be set here.

#JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

# Give Flume more memory and pre-allocate, enable remote monitoring via JMX
#JAVA_OPTS="-Xms100m -Xmx200m -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote"

# Note that the Flume conf directory is always included in the classpath.
#FLUME_CLASSPATH=""

export FLUME_HOME=/root/f1/apache-flume-1.2.0/

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/java/jdk1.6.0_32

export FLUME_CONF_DIR=/root/f1/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf/
#export HADOOP_HOME=/hduser/home/hadoop/Downloads/hadoop_files/bin

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$FLUME_HOME/bin:$PATH

As per my understanding I think this issue is related to java path is not set correctly. Please
advise me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Swati

DISCLAIMER