flume-user mailing list archives

From lancexxx <fervent.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about flume-ng agent
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 02:17:53 GMT
the HTTPSource now can use with flume-ng 1.3.0?

--
lancexxx

On 2012年10月26日Friday at 上午4:59, Paul Chavez wrote:

> I was unaware of an HTTPSource, after reviewing the FLUME-1199 issue it may well be the
best use case for us.

> That said, while I am manually building and testing the latest snapshot for the Windows
side, our actual Hadoop machines are running CDH4.1.1 which has flume-ng 1.2.0.

> When a version of flume-ng containing HTTPSource is packaged along with the rest of the
hadoop distribution I will look at it. As a 'windoze guy' ;-) I do not manage the hadoop systems.

> Thank you,
> Paul Chavez

I can find recommends that messeages be kept small in order to avoid fragmentation.

> > Ahh OK.
> >

> > > Testing with the syslogTCP source did not show any issues with fragmentation,
but the tool we are using to send syslog messages over TCP (LogParser) does not separate messages
with a carriage return so messages weren't parsed correctly by the flume source.