flume-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, Prashanth" <Prashanth.B...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Flume -- InMemory options?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 05:18:22 GMT
Thanks Brock. I will have a look at this.

Unfortunately we are on Flume 0.9.4. If we can't achieve this in 0.9.4, then I will check
if there is any possibility to move to 1.x.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Noland [mailto:brock@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 4:50 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume -- InMemory options?

Hi,

I am not very familiar with flume 0.9, but I am with 1.x. It sounds like you won't want to
write to a file?

In Flume 1.x you can do this using say AvroSource -> MemoryChannel -> HBase Sink (or
AsyncHBase sink).

You'd then use the Flume client or log4j appender to send events to the AvroSource.

Brock