flume-user mailing list archives

From Juhani Connolly <juhani_conno...@cyberagent.co.jp>
Subject Re: can anybody please tell me how to create custome interceptor
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:34:12 GMT
As you said, putting the FQCN of the builder in the props file works,
and I would consider it the recommended method when working with custom
extensions(as you do not need to rebuild flume, and can distribute your
added sources/interceptors separately, and upgrade versions without
having to rebuild  each time).

You can do this by just compiling your addons separately, putting the
flume jar on the classpath for your compiler. Then put the resulting
class files/jar file somewhere, and add that to the flume classpath in
flume-env.sh. Then putting the builder fqcn in the type field for the
interceptor will work and you didn't have to mess with the original
sources at all.