flume-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase sink
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:37:14 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might want to write a class which implements HbaseEventSerializer. To
> test, SimpleHbaseEventSerializer might fit your needs. Using timestamps as
> keys will create hotspots. As such it's recommended you "bucket" so that
> each write is hitting say 1 of 32 buckets. Each agent would be configured
> as follows:
>
> ...rowPrefix = bucket
> ...suffix = timestamp

Yes my row keys are bucketed and regions would be split per bucket. I just
wanted to see how the row keys are generated. Looks like this needs to be
implemented, which probably makes sense. But it would be good to have some
support for timeseries data as well. Let me see if I can share my
EventSerializer after I get it working :) I'll take a look at