flume-user mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Installation of full flume on window OS
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:41:28 GMT
Hi,

Inline

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM, mardan Khan <mardan8310@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brock.
>
> Thanks for reply. I want to use the full flume as i have to upload the
> data into hdfs. I have installed the cygwin and hadoop.

OK this is a great start.

> I have download the flume binary from the mentioned link. Now you please
> let me explain the follow:
>
> 1). I need just to decopress the downloaded folder?

Yes you download a tar.gz which is like a zip. In cygwin you can use the
command tar -zxvf to untar it.

> 2). where i should decompress the flume binary. Should i decompress
> c:\cygwin\home\user-name

Whereever you want, however a common place for "tarball" software is
/usr/local or /opt

> 3). How I will run the flume-ng.

You configure flume and then run the flume-ng command in the bin directory

>  4) The flume.conf file will configure same as configuring using Linux?

Yes configure flume will be the same as on Linux in cygwin.