flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: regarding flume
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 04:34:56 GMT
+ user@

Thamatam,

The Log4J appender adds the date, log level and logger name to the flume event headers and
the text of the log event to the flume event body. The reason the log level and time are missing
is that these are in the headers and the text serializer does not serialize the headers.

To write to a file or HDFS, please use a Serializer together with the RollingFileSink or HDFSEventSink.
Please take a look at the plain text serializer or Avro serializer to understand this better.

Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan