flume-user mailing list archives

From Will McQueen <w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume NG Running Questions
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:51:36 GMT
Hi Young,

I'm not sure why the output shows that that the flume dir is under both the Kim dir and the
ykim dir. Did you follow the getting started guide verbatim? Also, does the 'agent1' name
match the name of the agent that's specified in the conf file? You can also try enabling the
debug level in log4j.properties.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Will

On Jul 6, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Young Kim <ykim@crunchyroll.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was reading this guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html) on building
and running flume. I've gotten it to successfully build, but when I run the examples given,
all I get is the following consistently:

> + exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx20m -cp '/Users/Kim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/Users/ykim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1

> Then, it either hangs or immediately terminates without any output messages. I'm not
exactly sure if these examples are incorrect, but in the case it is, is there an immediate
example anyone has that would indicate whether or not my build was successful?