flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: can we load data from flume to Hbase?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:51:58 GMT
Hi,

yes, via flows.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/#_flow_isolation

But here flume has known bugs, and the setup isn't trivial. I suggest to grab fumeNG or wait
till the team release them. NG will handle that in many ways.
http://mapredit.blogspot.com/2012/03/flumeng-evolution.html

best,
 Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 12, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Meyer, Dennis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to sent information via Flume to two different locations. One of the two needs
to be there (E2E reliablity) the other can go away as it is relocated and not as stable from
a network perspective. So this should be a "fire and forget". Is there a way to use the duplication
feature with this setup or is there a good way to set this up with out-of-the box configuration?

> Thanks,
> Dennis
>

> ADTECH | A Division of Advertising.com Group - Residence of the Company: Dreieich, Germany
- Registration Office Offenbach HRB 34657
> Chairman of the Board: Erhard Neumann - Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ned Brody
>
> This message contains privileged and confidential information. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of this
> message or any of its content (data, prices...) to any third parties may only occur with
ADTECH's prior consent.

> Von: lulynn_2008 <lulynn_2008@163.com>
> Antworten an: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org>
> Datum: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:26:04 +0800
> An: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org>
> Betreff: can we load data from flume to Hbase?
>
>  Hi,
> I found Hbase-link in flume-0.9.4, seems it is for running UT and flume final binary
package did not include hbase. My questions are what the hbase-link in flume-0.9.4 source
package is used for? Can flume load date to hbase?