flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating Flume a Esper
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:36:00 GMT
Hi,

Cloudera uses in 3u3 Flume-798

Apache flume isn't different, you can build it among your installation and tweak the configs
to match them or use the binary distribution:
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/downloads

As you read, apache flume 1.1.0 was just released:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/flume/

You have to write plugins for sinks, here you found some created from the community:
https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/flume-plugins.html

And the docs:
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/index.html#_extending_via_sink_source_decorator_plugins

Q3 - I don't know, if you use serialized data whats with avro?

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 28, 2012, at 5:49 AM, shekhar sharma wrote:

> Hello every one,
> I am trying to integrate FLume and Esper by writing a custom sink for Esper. But as per
the documentation , i am unable to do so. i have tried the hello world plugin, but that one
also not working.
> I am using FLume-728.
> I have few question:
>
> Q1. Is Apache Flume is different from Cloudera's Flume?
>        If i am using Cloudera's FLume, then does it have any dependency that i have to
use CLoudera's distribution of Hadoop.

> Q2. What are the necessary steps for writing custom sink ?
>

> Q3.  I have implemented a POC in Esper, and it takes POJO (Plain old java objects), XML
or Map as events. Now if i try integrating both, how feasible it is?