flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Flume-0.9.4 with Hadoop-1.0.0/HBase-0.92.0
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:03:26 GMT

patch included.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 5, 2012, at 12:37 PM, lulynn_2008 wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> During build from source, flume source code will be related to hadoop?
> In my opinion, during building, flume will download hadoop from maven repository and
put it in flume-0.9.4 lib directory. And will not use hadoop jar file.

> At 2012-03-05 19:20:19,"alo alt" <wget.null@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >The binary distribution, yes. But if you build from source all should going well,
include the wanted hdfs libs and start an custom build for.

> >- Alex
> >
> >--
> >Alexander Lorenz
> >http://mapredit.blogspot.com
> >
> >On Mar 5, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Does it mean that Flume is compatible with Hadoop-0.20.x but isn't with Hadoop-1.0.0?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Sonia
> >>
> >> El 5 de marzo de 2012 10:30, alo alt <wget.null@googlemail.com> escribió:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> yes. Flume is build agains a version of HDFS and upwards compatible, but not
forward. You'll see messages like Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol
version mismatch in the log.
> >> You can download the source and build flume 0.94 against your new hadoop installation.
> >>
> >> best,
> >>  Alex
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alexander Lorenz
> >> http://mapredit.blogspot.com

We are using the Flume-0.9.4. This version works perfectly with Hadoop-0.20 and HBase-0.90.3.
Now, Flume is not able to connect to HBase. Is there any version incompatibility?