flume-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Ravi <bharathra...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception on opening a "Stub Source" at a logical node
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:30:27 GMT
Hi all,

I have a logical node, that uses an 'autoCollectorSource'. I configure this
node before mapping it to an actual physical node.
However, configuring it causes this to happen:

012-03-20 19:25:24,927 ERROR
com.cloudera.flume.core.connector.DirectDriver: Closing down due to
exception on open calls
2012-03-20 19:25:24,927 INFO
com.cloudera.flume.core.connector.DirectDriver: Connector logicalNode
hadoop-collector-21 exited with error: Attempting to open a Stub Source!

What causes this error? Even if it is a stub source, shouldn't it wait
until it receives an actual source instead of exiting?
After all, a logical node is especially meant for cases where configuring
it can be done before mapping it on to a node!

What am I messing up? Is there a specific order in which unmap/config/map
must be done for a logical node?

Thanks!
--
Bharath Ravi