flume-user mailing list archives

From shekhar sharma <shekhar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating Flume a Esper
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 03:49:13 GMT
Hello every one,
I am trying to integrate FLume and Esper by writing a custom sink for
Esper. But as per the documentation , i am unable to do so. i have tried
the hello world plugin, but that one also not working.
I am using FLume-728.
I have few question:

Q1. Is Apache Flume is different from Cloudera's Flume?
       If i am using Cloudera's FLume, then does it have any dependency
that i have to use CLoudera's distribution of Hadoop.

Q2. What are the necessary steps for writing custom sink ?

Q3.  I have implemented a POC in Esper, and it takes POJO (Plain old java
objects), XML or Map as events. Now if i try integrating both, how feasible
it is?

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma