flume-user mailing list archives

From Will McQueen <w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Configuration question
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:07:20 GMT
Hi Mohit,

The avro-client sends a file that you specify (run "flume help" to see see
the options) in avro format/protocol to the host and port  you specify. For
example, you could setup a Flume NG avro source (specifying an avro source
in your config file with a logger sink), and then run your avro-client
against the flume node, looking at the logger output to confirm that the
events are coming through.

Cheers,
Will