flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Flume-0.9.4 with Hadoop-1.0.0/HBase-0.92.0
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:30:44 GMT
Hi,

yes. Flume is build agains a version of HDFS and upwards compatible, but not forward. You'll
see messages like Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol version mismatch
in the log.
You can download the source and build flume 0.94 against your new hadoop installation.

best,
 Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are using Flume to recollect data from logs and to store them into HBase. We are using
the Flume-0.9.4. This version works perfectly with Hadoop-0.20 and HBase-0.90.3.
> A few days ago we have upgraded Hadoop to 1.0.0 version and HBase to 0.92.0. Now, Flume
is not able to connect to HBase. Is there any version incompatibility?