flume-user mailing list archives

From Julian Henry Alcala <zenl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flume agent Error
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:08:30 GMT
I have issues with agents dying as well.  I have talked to several people who administer large
systems and just live with the failures by using a "supervisor" daemon that watches flume
and restarts the agent when it dies.  I have opened a bug but have yet to see a response.
 Let us know if you find a resolution.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.Raja@careerbuilder.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using one flume agent to taildir a few directories.  One agent thread went into
an ERROR state.  I see a file stuck in error state.  I know starting the agent again can resolve
the issue, but would like to know the cause of the error state.