flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Flume-0.9.4 with Hadoop-1.0.0/HBase-0.92.0
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:20:19 GMT
The binary distribution, yes. But if you build from source all should going well, include the
wanted hdfs libs and start an custom build for.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 5, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does it mean that Flume is compatible with Hadoop-0.20.x but isn't with Hadoop-1.0.0?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sonia
>
> El 5 de marzo de 2012 10:30, alo alt <wget.null@googlemail.com> escribió:
> Hi,
>
> yes. Flume is build agains a version of HDFS and upwards compatible, but not forward.
You'll see messages like Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol version mismatch
in the log.
> You can download the source and build flume 0.94 against your new hadoop installation.
>
> best,
>  Alex
>
> --
> Alexander Lorenz
> http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>
> On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > We are using Flume to recollect data from logs and to store them into HBase. We
are using the Flume-0.9.4. This version works perfectly with Hadoop-0.20 and HBase-0.90.3.
> > A few days ago we have upgraded Hadoop to 1.0.0 version and HBase to 0.92.0. Now,
Flume is not able to connect to HBase. Is there any version incompatibility?