flume-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.R...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject RE: flume agent collector configuration
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:22:37 GMT
Thanks, Alo and Soren.  This will help.  I'll modify my configuration.

--Chalcy

-----Original Message-----
From: alo alt [mailto:wget.null@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:51 AM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: flume agent collector configuration

HI,

thats correct.
The config variable flume.master.savefile is deprecated, the config is stored in zk per default.
You can switch to the old behavior when you use Memory instead Zookeeper in

<property>
    <name>flume.master.store</name>
    <value>zookeeper</value>
    <description>How the Flume Master stores node configurations. Must
      be either 'zookeeper' or 'memory'.</description>
  </property>

Also you have the availability to save the config in a file over the flume master UI.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Mar 28, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Søren wrote:

> Hi Chalcy
>
> Maybe it's the Zookeeper dir. By default it is pointed to /tmp/ and may be lost between
reboot.
> In flume-conf.xml change this value to a location of your choice:
>
>  <property>
>     <name>flume.master.zk.logdir</name>
>     <value>/[any other than the tmp folder]/flume/flume-${user.name}-zk</value>
>     <description>The base directory in which the ZBCS stores data.</description>
>   </property>
>
> Doc's:
> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/#_configuring_the_zbcs
>
> Hope it helps
> /Soren
>
> On 27/03/2012 19:23, Chalcy Raja wrote:
>> Anybody?

the master and zookeeper server and after a day I restarted the master and the zookeeper server.
 I lost all the mappings and configuration.  I thought zookeeper saved the configuration.