flume-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.R...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject RE: flume agent Error
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:36:36 GMT
Thanks, Julian.  We may have to do that.  I do not want to go in that route, since we are still
experimenting.

--Chalcy
From: Julian Henry Alcala [zenloop@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:08 AM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Cc: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: flume agent Error

I have issues with agents dying as well.  I have talked to several people who administer large
systems and just live with the failures by using a "supervisor" daemon that watches flume
and restarts the agent when it dies.  I have opened a bug but have yet to see a response.
 Let us know if you find a resolution.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.Raja@careerbuilder.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using one flume agent to taildir a few directories.  One agent thread went into
an ERROR state.  I see a file stuck in error state.  I know starting the agent again can resolve
the issue, but would like to know the cause of the error state.