I'm not sure what could be happening with the IP address, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

For the configuration issue: First make sure that 'flume.master.store' is set to 'zookeeper'. If so, then 'flume.master.zk.logdir' should be storing the configurations.

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM, howard chen <howachen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Jay Stricks <jay@wapolabs.com> wrote:
> Not sure about your first question.

I mean, in one of my node, if I only set

127.0.0.1 my-node-name

in /etc/hosts, my master will ignore it and use "localhost" as the
logical node name, unless I manually set

127.0.1.1 my-node-name

then the master will use the name "my-node-name"

> What method are you using to restart the master? To clear the master's prior
> configurations, you need to clear the configuration storage directory. Both
> the storage type and storage location are set in flume-conf.xml (or

Do you mean the value of " flume.master.zk.logdir " ?

Thanks!