flume-user mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume-NG, Avro and NodeJS
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:15:37 GMT
Hi Frank,

For Flume 1.x (NG), the event payload is always a byte array. You could
generate this payload from the JSON representation and reconstruct it back
at the terminal sink into the string form that you like.

Regarding performance expectations from using Avro events - I suggest that
you run a simple performance test to see if this is meets your
expectations. If it does not, we will be happy to investigate it further
and add more optimizations where they seem necessary.

Thanks,
Arvind