flume-user mailing list archives

From Julien Ricard <jar...@gmail.com>
Subject collector not writing to file/hdfs/...
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:21:58 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to understand why my collector doesn't write anything to the
sink, file or hdfs destination.

I'm using the cloudera release on debian squeeze.

My setup is really simple. "web7" is an agent, and it sends to
"collector1-flume" which should write to disk or hdfs. The collector is, at
this time, on the same machine than the flume-master node.

At this time, I start the collector with :
flume node -n collector1-flume &

web7: syslogTcp(5140) | agentSink("collector2-flume",35853);
collector1-flume : collectorSource(35853) |
collectorSink("file:///tmp","req");

web7 listens on the port 5140 :
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5140            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

collector1-flume listens on the port 35853 :
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:35853           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

The master says that the nodes are alive. The configurations of the nodes
seem to be correct when I read them on the :35862/flumeagent.jsp page.

I tried to listen to the incoming packets with netcat, the syslog is
correctly sending to the agent, and the agent is sending to the collector,
I don't understand what the collector is not doing correctly.

Any idea where to look ?

Thanks !