flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Scale of a flume collector
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:06:05 GMT
Hi,

that depends on the sink you want to use. Lets say you use E2E chains, the collectors are
on actual hardware and you use compression I would put 10 agents per collector (180mb/s *
60 (for a minute based file closing) = 10.8 GB / min). To get closer on RT I would suggest
a 10 sec roll, but more as 10 could be create a bottleneck at peak times
The collectors need fast hard disks.

best,
 Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Kim, Jongkook wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm in the middle of hardware provisioning for flume-hbase-hadoop solution.
> The plan is that flume agents collect and pass log data to collectors and the collectors
write data into hbase using sink.