flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: flume windows node - 404 on localhost
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:16:10 GMT
what says the log file?
What version you installed?

did you commented out the flume-conf.xml and comment out the master-stuff. (pre NG).

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

to add both flumemaster.jsp and flumeagent.jsp to the end of the url (http://localhost:35862/flumemaster.jsp).

> Same 404.
>
> Thanks,
> Chalcy

machines and they are collecting logs as expected.

>> Now I am trying to set up a windows flume node, followed the installation guide etc.,
I could successfully run the node as a service.  When I go to the port 35862, I get 404 like
below.

>> Also I tried to start the node from windows command line, I get a status of start
pending.

>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chalcy
>>
>> <image001.png>

will be gone. If you use file channel the data will be available. If you use JDBC channel,
it is guaranteed to be available.

>> 1.2) If we restart the node and the channel is a persisting one(file
>> or jdbc based),  will it then happily start feeding data into the sink?
>>
>> Correct.
>>

>> 2) Is there some way to deliver data along multiple paths but make
>> sure it only gets persisted to a sink once? To avoid  loss of data to
>> a dying node.
>>
>> We have talked about fail-over sink implementations. Although we don't have it implemented
yet, we do intend to provide these faciliteis.

>> 2.1) Will there be stuff equivalent to the E2E mode of OG?
>>
>> If you mean end-to-end reliable delivery guarantee, Flume NG already provides that.
You can get this by configuring your flow with reliable channels (JDBC).

>> 2.2) Anything else planned but further down along the horizon? Didn't
>> see much at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Features+and+Use+Cas
>> es but that doesn't look very up to date.
>>
>> Most of the discussion is now moved to JIRA and dev-list. Features such as channel
multiplexing from same source, compatible source implementation for hybrid installation of
previous version of Flume and NG together, event prioritization have been discussed among
many others. As and when resources permit, we will be addressing these going forward.