flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.0.0-incubating Released!
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 07:05:27 GMT
All:

I'm incredibly excited to announce that Apache Flume 1.0.0-incubating has
been released and is now available for download!

Download and signature:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/flume/flume-1.0.0-incubating/flume-1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flume/flume-1.0.0-incubating/flume-1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc

Checksums:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flume/flume-1.0.0-incubating/flume-1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flume/flume-1.0.0-incubating/flume-1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha1

Apache Flume Committers' keys:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/flume/KEYS

Getting started:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Getting+Started

File JIRAs:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME

Note that 1.0.0-incubating is a significant milestone for a few reasons.
* Our first release since moving into the incubator and within the Apache
Software Foundation
* It's the first release of "Flume NG" (which we can now just call 1.0.0).
* It's 1.0.0!

As the release notes say, this is Flume "NG" and is significantly different
than Flume "OG" or the 0.9.x branch that has been previously released. We
consider this to be of alpha quality and not intended for full reliable
production quality data delivery. All APIs should be consider flexible.

A huge thanks to all contributors (coders, testers, feedback-givers, and
users) and our mentors for guiding us through the first (only slightly
painful) release!
--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer