flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: flume windows node - 404 on localhost
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:30:02 GMT
add flumemaster.jsp at the end.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Jan 24, 2012, at 7:16 PM, Chalcy Raja wrote:

> Hello Flume users,
>
> I am new to flume.  I have set up successfully a master and a node on two linux virtual
machines and they are collecting logs as expected.

> Now I am trying to set up a windows flume node, followed the installation guide etc.,
I could successfully run the node as a service.  When I go to the port 35862, I get 404 like
below.

> Also I tried to start the node from windows command line, I get a status of start pending.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Chalcy
>
> <image001.png>

be gone. If you use file channel the data will be available. If you use JDBC channel, it is
guaranteed to be available.

> 1.2) If we restart the node and the channel is a persisting one(file or
> jdbc based),  will it then happily start feeding data into the sink?
>
> Correct.
>

> 2) Is there some way to deliver data along multiple paths but make sure
> it only gets persisted to a sink once? To avoid  loss of data to a dying
> node.
>
> We have talked about fail-over sink implementations. Although we don't have it implemented
yet, we do intend to provide these faciliteis.

> 2.1) Will there be stuff equivalent to the E2E mode of OG?
>
> If you mean end-to-end reliable delivery guarantee, Flume NG already provides that. You
can get this by configuring your flow with reliable channels (JDBC).

> 2.2) Anything else planned but further down along the horizon? Didn't
> see much at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Features+and+Use+Cases
> but that doesn't look very up to date.
>
> Most of the discussion is now moved to JIRA and dev-list. Features such as channel multiplexing
from same source, compatible source implementation for hybrid installation of previous version
of Flume and NG together, event prioritization have been discussed among many others. As and
when resources permit, we will be addressing these going forward.