flume-user mailing list archives

From "Srinivasan Subramanian " <ssrini_va...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Output bucketing based on custom data / logic
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 01:40:51 GMT
I am not too familiar with this. Can you please provide some more details. Collector I am familiar
to bucket. On the agent how do I specify the regex to introduce the meta?

Srini
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: Shuang <shuang@open42.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:45:57
To: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Output bucketing based on custom data / logic

You can use the regex decorator to parse out "ABC" and put it in a meta data field for example
named "customer", then in your collectorSink,  use %{customer} in the destination path.

Shuang

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Srinivasan Subramanian <ssrini_vasan@hotmail.com <mailto:ssrini_vasan@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

Just got flume installed on Centos and the basic setup is working great.  I have got a Master,
collector and a few agents.

One additional requirement i have is to do with Output Bucketing.  Based on data that is
present in the log message that is being sent to flume, the data has to be slotted into different
buckets.  For eg assume that the log files are to be separated into different folders based
on a customer name that is present in the log message, how would one go about doing this?

Lets say the log message sent to Flume is "ABC : Some message".  The collector needs to put
this into a folder like /var/log/ABC.  How can this be achieved?

Alternatively,  Can I use metadata?  As far as i could make out meta data is static and
not dynamic as i would need it to be.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards
Srini