flume-user mailing list archives

From Srinivasan Subramanian <ssrini_va...@hotmail.com>
Subject Output bucketing based on custom data / logic
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:10:33 GMT

Just got flume installed on Centos and the basic setup is working great.  I have got a Master,
collector and a few agents.
One additional requirement i have is to do with Output Bucketing.  Based on data that is present
in the log message that is being sent to flume, the data has to be slotted into different
buckets.  For eg assume that the log files are to be separated into different folders based
on a customer name that is present in the log message, how would one go about doing this?

Lets say the log message sent to Flume is "ABC : Some message".  The collector needs to put
this into a folder like /var/log/ABC.  How can this be achieved?
Alternatively,  Can I use metadata?  As far as i could make out meta data is static and not
dynamic as i would need it to be.
Thanks for all the help.
Regards
Srini