flume-user mailing list archives

From Srinivasan Subramanian <ssrini_va...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Output bucketing based on custom data / logic
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:18:44 GMT

Thanks Shuang.  I delimited the body of the message generated with a ~ and then did this:
Agent sink: {split("~", 1, "customer") => agentSink("localhost",35853)}
collectorSink("file:///var/log/collected/%Y-%m-%d/", "%{customer}-", 3600000)
This bucketed the files properly.  But I will evaluate the log4j appender for Flume as that
gives me a way to also include the meta data directly without delimiting the message body
etc.
ThanksSrini

From: shuang@open42.com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:56:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Output bucketing based on custom data / logic
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org

I don't actually use regex, I log into Flume directly using Thrift, so I add a customized
metadata field in my application. You have to look it up in the Flume User Guide, one example
I was able to google up is: https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/flume-user/browse_thread/thread/baa3a5f3790453a6?pli=1

Let us know how it works out for you.

Shuang