flume-user mailing list archives

From "Meyer, Dennis" <dennis.me...@adtech.com>
Subject Re: Using Flume agent on binary Avro file
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:25:37 GMT
Hi,

Would it be possible to write directly to the Flume TCP socket using the binary AVRO format?
This could be an option in our use-case.

Thanks,
Dennis

Von: Eric Sammer <esammer@cloudera.com<mailto:esammer@cloudera.com>>
Antworten an: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:flume-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Datum: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:55:38 -0700
An: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:flume-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Betreff: Re: Using Flume agent on binary Avro file

Dennis:

There's no good way to tail an Avro file without writing a custom source. Your options are
probably to either move the complete file (without Flume) or have the application write directly
to the Avro source (using the log4j appender or something similar).

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Meyer, Dennis <dennis.meyer@adtech.com<mailto:dennis.meyer@adtech.com>>