flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hammerman, Joseph" <JosephHammer...@clearchannel.com>
Subject Java Heap Space Out Of Memory error
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:12:10 GMT
Hi Flume-users list.

We seem to only be able to allocate 2Gb of memory to the JVM on our x86_64
bit machine - does anyone know if there is a a system wide setting for
this? We attempted to force the process to allocate 3Gb for itself using
JOPTS in /usr/lib/flume/bin/flume, but it did not help:

JOPTS="-Xms3g -Xmx3g"

We are seeing this in the flume master output file:

Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-15" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space
Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-10" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space

I provide more information as needed.

Thanks
Joe