Hi Jonathan,
You can see some code here. You will not be able to compile this class as is, because it is has quite a few internal dependencies. It also does quite a few things more than just send event to Flume, but it should be enough to give you an idea of how to code something like that for yourself.
If you can't figure out how to compile the flume thrift definition to C# code, let me know and I'll send you the compiled code.

-eran