[sending to flume-user@incubator.apache.org, bcc flume-dev@cloudera.org]

Metamoi,

How are you sending data from tail to mongo?  My guess is that you have an agent setup in E2E mode and then a collector that doesn't hvae a collector sink or collector wrapping mongo.

agent:
source tail
sink agentSink(xxxx)

collector:
source: collectorSink
sink:  mongo

If this is the case, you need to wrap you mongo with a collector sink so that acks get sent to tell the agent to stop resending data.

collector's sink should be: collector(30000) { mongoSink() }

Jon.
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:02 PM, metamoi <metamoi@gmail.com> wrote:
I use the following command:
tail("/var/log/flume/test.log", startFromEnd="true")

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera