flume-user mailing list archives

From "Huang, Zijian(Victor)" <zijian.hu...@etrade.com>
Subject Flume agent repeatedly streaming the same content forever (Version: 0.9.3, r)
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:14:47 GMT
Hi,
   I have encountered this problem with Flume twice. Flume agent just keep sending the same
log file again and again to the collector and filling up all the disk space in the collector
host at the end. Do you guys know what exactly causes Flume to lost count of the lines and
keep re-streaming. I saw it happen when I try to stream some binary logs, and I saw it happen
today with normal logs(may contains some binary data). I can replicated the problem easily.
I am using "tail" to stream the content over

Please let me know what are the potential causes.

Thanks

Vic