flume-user mailing list archives

From "Huang, Zijian(Victor)" <zijian.hu...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: Restricted character in logical node name
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:17:30 GMT
Hi, Jeff:
  Thanks for the detail explanation. I can map the logical node using the ":" in the name,
but I have problem configuring it. I am using it this way:
===
Exec map xxxx collector-sit:ets:txn:ord:test.log
submit multiconfig 'collector-sit:ets:txn:ord:test.log: collectorSource( 16006 ) |  text("/tmp/test.log")'
===

Getting an syntax error when I trying to do multiconfig. I tried quoting the node name, but
it doesn't seem to work. If they allow us to create an logical node with ":" in the name they
should provide us a way to configure it as well. I will take a look at their grammar in the
mean time

Thanks

Vic

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hansen [mailto:dscheffy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:18 AM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Restricted character in logical node name

Are you by any chance using it in somewhere in a config or multiconfig without quoting it?

specifically, if you were to say

config host someSource logicalSink(bac:host:accee.log)

the parser would treat the logical name as a function rather than a string literal and colons
aren't allowed in function names.

Functions use identifiers:
Identifier
    :   Letter (Letter|JavaIDDigit|'.'|'-'|'_')*
    ;

However, when you're mapping the host to a logical name, config arguments are allowed to have
colons Argument
    : (Letter|JavaIDDigit|':'|'.'|'-'|'_')+
    ;

So I assume you'd be fine with a line like exec map somehost bac:host:accee.log

Without looking through the code I don't know if there are further constraints, but digging
through the antlr syntax in FlumeShell.g and FlumeDeploy.g help me understand the config grammar
a lot better.