flume-user mailing list archives

From "Edward sanks " <edsa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CPU hits rootf with 3 streams of syslogTcp
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 22:40:42 GMT
Thanks. How can I get the trunk/0.9.5 source. I couldn't find a download link to it anywhere.
And let me know if there is any change in compilation method from mvn.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:07:23
To: <flume-user@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: <eran@gigya.com>
Subject: Re: CPU hits rootf with 3 streams of syslogTcp

Hi,

We've been working on several places currently.  We cut release 0.9.4 with less testing than
we would have liked because we wanted to have a clean point where  pre-apache development
and post apache incubation development.

Currently, there are two efforts going on -- bug fixes on the current trunk, and a new branch
(FLUME-728) that is rearchitecting some of the core to make it easier to understand and less
prone to some of the tricky and hard to diagnose problems in the current implementation.

Jon.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Edward sanks <edsanks@hotmail.com <mailto:edsanks@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
 That makes me wonder if there was any real change done to the code to address the problem
or if it was just a magic. The trunk is just about 2-3 months ahead of 0.9.4. If dev team
could throw light on this that helps. Should this be posted again on flume dev list to get
any better attention?