flume-user mailing list archives

From Avinash Shahdadpuri <avinashp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on flume log4j appender and avrosource
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:52:54 GMT
Thanks Matt,

This really helps.

So do you use a custom thrift appender or just use a tailsource to send the
logs to flume node? Do you know of any reasons to choose one over the other.

We were thinking of using multiple collectors to handle for a collector
going down. How do you manage that with just one collector?

We are expecting 50M events a day, in your experience can a single collector
handle this? Do you think a large ec2 instance would be able to handle it?

Thanks,

Avinash