flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Can logical nodes have custom configurations?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:29:26 GMT
Abishek:

You can definitely do this one of two ways. Syntactically, the way you get
two logical nodes on a single physical node is as follows.

ln1 : tail(...) | someSink(...);
ln2 : tail(...) | someOtherSink(...);

map physicalNode ln1;
map physicalNode ln2;

You see that ln1 and 2 can have different (or the same) sources and / or
sinks.

The other, more efficient, way of getting the same result is to use a fan
out sink. This splits the data stream in two copies.

ln1 : tail(...) | [ sink1(...), sink2(...) ] ;

This sends the same data to both sinks 1 and 2 without doing twice the tail
work. Check out the user guide for exact syntax examples, but you get the
idea.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer