flume-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Pathak <abhishek.pathak.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Can logical nodes have custom configurations?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:03:08 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible for two logical nodes on the same physical node to support
different configurations?
I am specifically interested in creating a parallel flow in addition to the
existing flow.The existing flow rolls a new file every hour in the
HDFS,tailing the log file.I would like the new flow to tail the same
file,but roll a new file every minute in the local filesystem.I intend to
use this flow for real-time monitoring and error prediction in logs.
If there is a better way to achieve the same result,i am very interested.

Thanks,
Abhishek