flume-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Hansen <dsche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricted character in logical node name
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:53:24 GMT
Oh, I see.  I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can use logical
node names in the place of Hosts for configuration purposes.  I
believe they're intended just for use with logicalSinks and
logicalSources.

Whether that's the case or not though, when it comes to specifying the
host name in your config or multiconfig, the antlr grammar files have
the "host" name using the Identifier syntax I included earlier -- so
from that perspective the colon is not allowed.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Huang, Zijian(Victor)
<zijian.huang@etrade.com> wrote:
> Hi, Jeff:
>  Thanks for the detail explanation. I can map the logical node using the ":" in the
name, but I have problem configuring it. I am using it this way:
> ===
> Exec map xxxx collector-sit:ets:txn:ord:test.log
> submit multiconfig 'collector-sit:ets:txn:ord:test.log: collectorSource( 16006 ) |  text("/tmp/test.log")'
> ===
>
> Getting an syntax error when I trying to do multiconfig. I tried quoting the node name,
but it doesn't seem to work. If they allow us to create an logical node with ":" in the name
they should provide us a way to configure it as well. I will take a look at their grammar
in the mean time

> Thanks
>
> Vic

colons aren't allowed in function names.

> Functions use identifiers:
> Identifier
>    :   Letter (Letter|JavaIDDigit|'.'|'-'|'_')*
>    ;
>
> However, when you're mapping the host to a logical name, config arguments are allowed
to have colons Argument
>    : (Letter|JavaIDDigit|':'|'.'|'-'|'_')+
>    ;
>
> So I assume you'd be fine with a line like exec map somehost bac:host:accee.log
>
> Without looking through the code I don't know if there are further constraints, but digging
through the antlr syntax in FlumeShell.g and FlumeDeploy.g help me understand the config grammar
a lot better.