flume-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Hansen <dsche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricted character in logical node name
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:18:02 GMT
Are you by any chance using it in somewhere in a config or multiconfig
without quoting it?

specifically, if you were to say

config host someSource logicalSink(bac:host:accee.log)

the parser would treat the logical name as a function rather than a
string literal and colons aren't allowed in function names.

Functions use identifiers:
Identifier
    :   Letter (Letter|JavaIDDigit|'.'|'-'|'_')*
    ;

However, when you're mapping the host to a logical name, config
arguments are allowed to have colons
Argument
    : (Letter|JavaIDDigit|':'|'.'|'-'|'_')+
    ;

So I assume you'd be fine with a line like
exec map somehost bac:host:accee.log

Without looking through the code I don't know if there are further
constraints, but digging through the antlr syntax in FlumeShell.g and
FlumeDeploy.g help me understand the config grammar a lot better.