flume-user mailing list archives

From Liam Friel <liam.fr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume agent repeatedly streaming the same content forever (Version: 0.9.3, r)
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:04:24 GMT
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Huang, Zijian(Victor) <
zijian.huang@etrade.com> wrote:

> **
> I think I found the cause. because one of the line is larger than the set
> limit, I tried to set the flume.event.max.size.bytes in the agent node and
> collector node but the system doesn't seem to take the values
> ====
>   <property>
>     <name>flume.event.max.size.bytes</name>
>     <value>2076150</value>
>     <description>The length of line content in byte.</description>
>   </property>
> =====
>
> am I doing anything wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vic

I had a similar issue before.
I switched to using OS tail, rather than flume tail, and it made my problems
go away.

This thread:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/flume-user/browse_thread/thread/b2f9ba4609124311/f7a45e5a34f09f13
has