flume-user mailing list archives

From Mingjie Lai <mjla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid restart master when adding one customer own plugin?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:20:08 GMT
Longda.

AFAIK, Flume doesn't have a way to load a plugin on the fly. The plugin
class names are in the config file, and shared among all flume nodes +
master. Also the class files need to be loaded when flume starts up.
When you have a new plugin, you have to 1) reconfigure flume at all
nodes, 2) copy the new class file to flume classpath, 3) restart all nodes.

Assume there is a way for flume to dynamically config/load plugin class
names, we still need a way to ship the class file to each node which can
not be handled by flume easily.

Personally I don't think it's a strong operational requirement.

Or you can have a script decorator plugin to avoid flume restart:

http://blog.infochimps.com/2011/03/02/simple-flume-decorators-with-jruby/

-mingjie