flume-user mailing list archives

From 纪君祥 <zhongyan.f...@alipay.com>
Subject RE: multiconfig unmapped nodes with agentDFOChain will leading to refresh all nodes configuration
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 05:31:21 GMT
Please see my answer inline.

I double multiconfig unmapped nodes will leading to refresh all node's configuration.

I have done one test:

Multiconfig on web UI:
dataProduce:text ("/home/hadoop/open_file")|agentDFOChain("hbase3:39998", "hbase6:39998");
dataConsumer1:collectorSource(39998)|text("/home/hadoop/output_dfochain_open_file");

Before doing this, no any node has been mapped to dataProduce or dataConsumer1.

Regards
Longda

-----Original Message-----
From: Mingjie Lai [mailto:mjlai09@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:44 AM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiconfig unmapped nodes with agentDFOChain will leading to refresh all nodes
configuration

Longda.

I'm a little bit confused by your description at flume-763.

Do you mean that step 1 and 3 are all from hbase6? After step 2, hbase2
should send data to hbase3 or hbase6, and it kind of makes sense, right?

[Longda] yes, step1 and 3 are from hbase6. In step2, hbase2 should send data to hbase3 or
hbase6.

Can you check the mapping before step 2 by ``getmappings''? And also
getconfigs. I think you missed some important timing information in the
description, can you try it again?

[Longda] I have checked the mapping before step2. There is no map on hbase2/hbase3/hbase6.
In fact, once I finish multiconfig operation through web UI, all node's configuration refresh,
at this time, I haven't begun mapping operation.

Doing the following multiconfig on web UI.
dataProduce:text ("/home/hadoop/open_file")|agentDFOChain("hbase3:39998", "hbase6:39998");
dataConsumer1:collectorSource(39998)|text("/home/hadoop/output_dfochain_open_file");
dataConsumer2:collectorSource(39998)|text("/home/hadoop/output_dfochain_open_file");

It's really weird that this (multiconfig + agentDFOChain) configure
combination will affect the behavior of a unmapped node. It might be
related to multiconfig, but would be weird if it's something about
agentDFOChain.

-mingjie