I have setup the collector to run on the same machine as the master. When running the collector as a daemon I couldn't find a way to specify its physical name and it always registers as localhost. So I'm not sure how to configure the agents' collectorSource, localhost?

is there a way to specify a physical name for the daemon's node?

also, I know this configuration (master + collector on the same machine) is considered pseudo distributed mode (for dev purposes mainly), assuming we roll out incrementally with limited number of events at the beginning, is this configuration reasonable?

Thanks.