celix-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Lenferink <rlenfer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use master as development branch
Date Wed, 06 May 2020 18:40:18 GMT

On 2020/05/06 06:17:05, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> Totally missed your earlier email, my apologies!

No problem!

> Regarding the diagram, I'm missing a few things:
>
> * Currently the tag is done on master, but I think it makes sense to do
> this on the release branch itself.
>   With the current model, regular (non-release) dev cannot do anything on
> master until the release is done. I don't think that is the right way.
> * Some feature branch/commit/merge action on master while a release branch
> is active makes sense IMO.
>
> This is similar to what you already did for the hotfix branches, tag on the
> branch itself, not on master.
>
> I've updated the diagram, please take a look if that makes sense.

Both changes look good and make sense to me.

> Moving this diagram tot he site is a next step I guess?

Indeed. I have just opened the following pull request to the celix-site repo [1]. Feel free
to review/
approve. If it looks good I'll update our main repo to use the master branch as default branch.

[1] https://github.com/apache/celix-site/pull/9