celix-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Lenferink <rlenfer...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Switch celix.a.o from svn to git
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 22:51:20 GMT
Hi all,

This is a vote for switching the Celix website [1] from the current svn
pubsub to a new git pubsub approach. Regarding this message [2] changes
were applied which makes the celix-site repository compliant with the git
pubsub approach (asf-site branch containing 'content' directory containing
the generated static site).

The advantages of moving over to git:
- It will be easier for contributors to submit a patch to the Celix
website. Right now they have to checkout the svn repository and attach a
patch to a JIRA ticket.
- It is easier for committers to apply patches. Committers can just merge a
pull request using the web interface instead of applying a patch using a
command-line interface.
- And it will be easier to get documentation from the main Celix repository
listed on the website.

I can't think of any disadvantages and therefore I'd like to start a vote
on moving over. If no-one objects within 72 hours, I'll assume lazy
consensus and I'll create a ticket with INFRA to move over the site.

+1 from me.

- Roy

[1] https://celix.apache.org/
[2]